Compo Construction Company has vast experience as a general contractor with industrial, retail, restaurant, hospitality, medical, multifamily housing, and other commercial construction projects in Hampton Roads.
We serve our clients by evaluating alternate solutions, providing creativity, and continuously challenging ideas to find the best options. We review all project documents and share our concerns with clients about possible deficiencies that may affect cost and project scope.
Compo Construction is staffed by well-qualified, experienced people who share the Company’s goals and who are committed to the success of each project. They perform safe, quality work and have contributed to our long-term relationships with our clients. Our experienced field team of Superintendents, Skilled Craftsmen and Project Managers are supported by Project Manager Assistants and office team who all work together to achieve success on each project.
Based on the project, Compo Construction can provide a variety of Contracting Services to suit your needs.
- Design-Build Clients participate in every step to achieve goals for cost, schedule and quality. Working closely with the Architect to create the design our team manages the project from idea creation to completion using value engineering.
- Design-Bid-Build The owner contracts separately with the design firm that produces the construction documents, and with Compo to build the building. This is the traditional method, and is based on the sequential process of design, construction documents, bidding, then construction. We will work with all project team members together to provide a seamless transition between project partners.
- Project Management With a team approach, we collaborate with the client's design team to establish a budget and bid the work to our qualified subcontractors. Our project managers oversee the team and maintain ontime and on-budget delivery.
- Construction Management Working with the client’s Architect, we establish a budget based on the provided drawings and bid the work to our qualified Subcontractors. We create a construction schedule and provide our expertise from beginning to end of the construction.
- Maintenance Our Superintendents and Carpenters are experienced and skilled to manage maintenance projects of any size.
The Estimating department at Compo Construction maintains close relationships with our trusted Subcontractor partners. They review each project scope and assemble the best team to meet your goals for budget, design and schedule.
Our Estimating team works closely with the Project Management teams to continuously review the status of projects that are pending to bid and currently under construction. Our estimators have each worked for more than 20 years with Compo Construction and have more than a combined 50 years in the construction industry.